This Blog is a conversation with You about living the philosophies that we all read about. People ask me “how” I do what I do ... This blog is about just that. This is my experience of the ideas that I have heard, been taught and read about over the years I have studied My Self and others. May You step over the pot holes that I have tripped on; learn from my sharing and together we can “live in the world the way we want it to be” to use Ghandi’s words. Enjoy, Share and Grow – Together!

March 7, 2010

The Voice That is Me.

As I was saying earlier, I am so blessed to be working with the clients I do. For often the things I hear, the questions I am asked, cause me to stop and see what I believe and why I believe it.

I do not mean to harp on this belief idea. And I am not saying the same thing that I said in the last blog.  This is different, I promise.

The other day, as I explained what I did to a new client, I said that as I channel the voice changes, sometimes more than once.  And that wonderful client, very innocently asked me “why”? Why did the voice change when I channeled?
WOW! What a wondrous question. 

I had come to accept, no actually to expect, that my voice would change when I channel. That simple question, stayed with me for a couple of days. And, slowly, the truth of an answer arrived to me.  Today, I realized that the reason the voice changes, comes from my separated mind (my word for ego).

When I started out channeling, my voice dramatically changed and I came to recognize that it was “I” that needed the voice to change. It was the way I could know what was channel and what was me. In the beginning, I needed to be different – my word now would be separate – from what I was channeling. In the beginning, I was still a little afraid of what I was doing and how I was doing it and so needed it not to be me, but be something that I did.

But that was years ago I thought. Why now do I allow and, in fact expect, the voice to still change? I now know that I am not separate from what I channel. I am a part of it, the channel is the “We”. Those who know me, also know my “WE” speech, very well.

Well, today I realized that there was an actual reason my voice changes when I channel. It is vibrations. It is separations. It is the “I” of me.  What do I mean? Well, when I am channeling I am more whole. At least, I feel more whole. You might even say – dare I say? – I am closer to the Creator. I move further up the ladder so to speak, to access what I share in a reading.

Well, when moving up that ladder, when coming closer to the Creator, Donna changes. I came to see and believe today, that my voice changes because there is so much less of my personality present, that Donna’s voice changes because of that absence of personality.

What I felt was that there was less of my ego present when I channel. My ego gives my voice some of its intonation, some of its hardness, some of its defensiveness. All of those qualities leave and when I noticed the voice change today, the voice I was using was softer, lighter and very certain. There was a soft confidence in my voice that is not present in Donna’s voice and so Donna’s voice must change because I change when I channel.

It is fascinating to be able to look at myself and my work, even after all these years, and still see something differently, learn something new.  It is why I continue to do the work I do after so many years.

So, today, I wanted to share that. I believe, that as one changes the tone of the ego in our voice can also change. As if the tone of our voice demonstrates our egoic presence. Our voice can soften, be softly certain, absent of hard edge, absent of defense and still be ours. Our voice can show the decline of our ego’s power; the decline of our controls on our life; the increase of the Creator’s presence in our personality – all from the tone of our voice. 

So, again, my view of me has changed. And now, I seek to let Donna’s voice change in the here and now; to let my voice reflect the inner self that I am working so hard to develop. I desire to have my voice reflect what I believe and what I know to be true (for today).  And so now, I can voice my view with a voice that is also changing and evolving.  I can have the Creator’s voice in me now. How interesting is this life that we live? How much potential is there in this life? I am only just now understanding, and the view of it is breathtaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Donna Somerville and I am a full time spiritual medium and facilitator. What do I facilitate? You! You and your developing awareness of what You love, what fulfills You and how You sabotage Your Self. I do this, and have been learning how to do this since 1988. How do I do this? By having conversations, out loud, with Your Inner Self and recording those conversations so that You can “listen” in. I am a listener. Although people like to call them readings and channeling, I call it “listening”. I believe that my purpose is to, quite literally, become useless to You. My work is to “listen”, and then to show You how to do it for Your Self. I love my life! All of it.The ups and the downs. I feel it is a great privilege and adventure to be alive now, at this time and I want to experience life to the fullest. I am all about experience!