This Blog is a conversation with You about living the philosophies that we all read about. People ask me “how” I do what I do ... This blog is about just that. This is my experience of the ideas that I have heard, been taught and read about over the years I have studied My Self and others. May You step over the pot holes that I have tripped on; learn from my sharing and together we can “live in the world the way we want it to be” to use Ghandi’s words. Enjoy, Share and Grow – Together!

January 17, 2010

Silence in Action

I have become aware of the need for silence in my life and more importantly in my journey.  Recently I attended the Oneness Blessing Initiation Workshop here in Fredericton, and a lot of its teaching comes with silence as a requirement.  I found this difficult to say the least, but as the weekend progressed I saw the use of it as a tool that I had not considered before.

As one who has meditated for many years, I have experienced silence and found the use of it in my quiet, contemplative time. But, as an active tool in my day to day existence, that I had not experienced in the way I did on this weekend.

The requirement on the weekend was that there was to be no sharing of experiences or reactions to exercises. Instead,
you were encouraged to “be” silently with Your Self and converse within concerning what You wanted to share outside of You.  I did struggle. I have learned so much over the years through “sharing”, that this even seemed wrong and limiting at first. But …

As I withheld my voice and was with only ME in my process and experiences, I found my recognition of my EGO Voice in a way I had not found before.  It was truly interesting how I had no knowledge or awareness of that side of my ego. Now I am not referring to the boasting, arrogant ego; I am referring to the defensive, story telling, this how I did it Ego.  Most fascinating!

Now, I am so acutely aware of the defensive story I want to tell; of this is how I did it story that I want to share.  It has caused me to truly examine what I want to say and why I want to say it.

Early on in my journey, a wonderful teacher spoke to me of “higher purpose”. This was related to my abilities as an intuitive and what to share and when to share it.  She had said that there needed to always be a higher purpose to what you share, not just sharing for sharing sake.  I got that then, BUT I get it even more so now.

I encourage you to try this.  Take a few days out of your life. Get Your Self a journal and a pen and keep it handy, literally constantly for two days.  Each time You want to say anything – stop, write it down, and then below it, write the words “ME”. Then examine what You have written and see what it reflects about You to Your Self.

This is what I did throughout the weekend and what I learned was immeasurable. First, I found out things about My Self, inside of the opinion I wanted to share with others. I found that I had similar issues and what I wanted to say to them, needed to be said to Me. And then, I found out more about my judgement and my perspective of the outside world which I then followed, like a string that led to inside of Me.  It was a fascinating experience and I share it here with you because I feel it would serve anyone and everyone in the same way.

If we truly are “all One”, which I believe completely, then everything You want to say to another can be said to You, for in speaking to anyone else, You are speaking to You!  So, I encourage You to speak to Your Self and see what you find in what You have to say. 

Let me know if you use this and how it works for you.  Offered from my heart to yours.  As you grow so do I.

If you are interested in the Oneness Blessing please visit, Oneness Blessing Organization Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Donna Somerville and I am a full time spiritual medium and facilitator. What do I facilitate? You! You and your developing awareness of what You love, what fulfills You and how You sabotage Your Self. I do this, and have been learning how to do this since 1988. How do I do this? By having conversations, out loud, with Your Inner Self and recording those conversations so that You can “listen” in. I am a listener. Although people like to call them readings and channeling, I call it “listening”. I believe that my purpose is to, quite literally, become useless to You. My work is to “listen”, and then to show You how to do it for Your Self. I love my life! All of it.The ups and the downs. I feel it is a great privilege and adventure to be alive now, at this time and I want to experience life to the fullest. I am all about experience!