This Blog is a conversation with You about living the philosophies that we all read about. People ask me “how” I do what I do ... This blog is about just that. This is my experience of the ideas that I have heard, been taught and read about over the years I have studied My Self and others. May You step over the pot holes that I have tripped on; learn from my sharing and together we can “live in the world the way we want it to be” to use Ghandi’s words. Enjoy, Share and Grow – Together!

February 2, 2010

TAKE NO CREDIT, TAKE NO BLAME

As I have said before, I am all about the miracles! I look for them all the time.  And what I realized recently, while talking to a client, is that by calling happy coincidences – miracles – I do not take credit for the good things that happen in my life.  It is my way of acknowledging the presence of the Creator/Source in my life.  I see the orchestration of all that is in nature and then expect that same orchestration to be in my life as well.  This, for me, is taking the “ I “ out of life and creating a stronger connection to the “ WE “. 

I remember a teaching from Wayne Dyer when he said “nothing ever goes wrong in my life”. That was a huge statement for me to take in at the time.  I love it when something causes me to stop and think.


For me, this implies that everything is orchestrated. Now, this orchestration can be from the Creator or from the me, but still it takes me out of the realm of “accidents” and happenstance. So, since I do believe that everything is orchestrated, then I see my part as the practice of acceptance of all those orchestrated things.  I feel this can lead me to understand what each event in my life is showing me, about me – through my reactions to it.

I truly believe that when we can more openly and honestly know our selves, our strengths, our weaknesses and our trigger points – then we don’t have to know “what” is going to happen in our future. We can begin to trust that no matter what happens, we are ready for it. Why? Because we have come to know who we are, and are not surprised by our reactions and so can compensate for them.

Well, to take that idea a step further, next, for me, is that I do not take the blame for anything in my life, either. Now, I do not mean this in an egocentric way, in that I can do whatever I want and ….. not my fault, that was “meant to be”. No, for me, that is ego mind speaking.

What I mean, is just what Wayne Dyer said – nothing ever goes wrong in my life. So THERE is no credit and THERE is no blame. Each event in my life is there to show me, me!  It is how I come to understand who I am on the inside, by observing my reactions and responses outside.  Now, I am now professing to always have presence and centeredness to do this. Oh, that that could be true! (I say that sentence with a longing for it.)

Instead, I do my best not to blame and neither to credit, myself or anyone else. Life is as it is. Now, deal with it – be in it and watch it unfold in its next direction and participate!  What am I learning about myself in this moment, in this situation, that I had not known, realized or acknowledged before.  I believe that everything happens “FOR ME” and nothing happens “to me”.

This, for me, is acceptance in action. In my opinion, it is time to take all these nice philosophies of DyerWilliamsonHicks etc. and walk them, in day to day living. This is one of my ways.  I work very hard not to blame, anyone. And likewise, if things go well in my work or in my life, I give that credit to my partnership with the Creator as well. I am willing to receive miracles and I am willing to be a miracle for someone else.  This is what I see as the “ WE “ presence.

And so, I hope you see my point. Don’t take the praise, the credit or allow Your Self up on that pedestal because it is a long fall back down to earth.  No Credit – No Blame. Living in the WE of our life, allows us to be more than we are and live with more freedom and a constant “safety net”.

My view from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Donna Somerville and I am a full time spiritual medium and facilitator. What do I facilitate? You! You and your developing awareness of what You love, what fulfills You and how You sabotage Your Self. I do this, and have been learning how to do this since 1988. How do I do this? By having conversations, out loud, with Your Inner Self and recording those conversations so that You can “listen” in. I am a listener. Although people like to call them readings and channeling, I call it “listening”. I believe that my purpose is to, quite literally, become useless to You. My work is to “listen”, and then to show You how to do it for Your Self. I love my life! All of it.The ups and the downs. I feel it is a great privilege and adventure to be alive now, at this time and I want to experience life to the fullest. I am all about experience!